If you are wondering how to approach roof restoration or roof repair project, here are the steps you should take:
- Hire A Restoration Company: Start by looking for a professional, experienced, and well-reviewed roofing contractor or roofing company. This is extremely important. You do not want an inexperienced person ruining your roof which you then have to get fixed in addition to existing problems.
Go to Google and type: “Fairfield roofing”. You will see a list of companies that fix roofs listed in the search results. Read their reviews and pick 2 or 3 you like and who also have good reviews.
- Roof Inspection: Next, schedule a roof inspection with the roofing companies you shortlisted. Have 2 or 3 companies inspect the roof, tell you what needs to be done, and how much it will cost. You can then compare their rates and pick the one who offers the best rates.
- Roof Repair: Next step is to set up a date and get the repairs going. Make sure there is no confusion on who will be getting the material for the roof repair. I know cases where the contractor showed up but there was no material to work with because of confusion.
- Chemical Treatment: Once the repair is done, the company will spray chemicals to kill any mold or algae on the roof.
- Paint The Roof (Optional): Once the repair is done and the chemical is sprayed, the company will paint the roof of your home if you had asked them to do that as part of the repairs.
Final Inspection: Once the repair and paint is complete the company will show you how the roof looks in the end. If satisfied you can release the final payment or have them fix what you think is not right.