Many usable materials cover various points of entry of sounds in the condo soundproofing room (ห้อง เก็บ เสียง คอน โด which is the term in Thai). You must know where the noise comes in the most to use the best solution and ensure complete sealing against hearing discomfort. Check out the main ones below.
- Drywall with glass or rock wool: Drywall is one of the most used techniques for residential acoustic insulation. They are medium-thickness plates, light, and that guarantee the set’s rigidity and an excellent acoustic seal. This material can also be combined with glass or rock wool, which increases the insulating power.
- Sound insulation: The acoustic insulators are very versatile, and their applications extend from the floor to the roof of the apartment. They are a thin acoustic blanket or an insulating tape panel that guarantees to seal in small and large areas. In addition, they also offer the application in conjunction with other devices, such as drywall. They do not require drilling in the apartment and can be applied by yourself without complications.
- Noise window: Noise-proof windows are effective solutions against noise. The sealing is done from the surroundings, at the window frame, with thick and heavy materials to interrupt the sound. There are models made of PVC, wood, aluminum, and steel. The glass used is thick, above 8 mm, and can reach 24 mm, depending on your application needs. Of course, the thicker it is, the higher the material cost will be as well.
- Noise door: Noise-proof doors are great partners to eliminate external noise and give the environment a lot of privacy. Most of these models are made of solid wood and treated for sound insulation. They are very suitable for the entrance that divides the apartment and the common area and bedrooms.
- Acoustic window: The acoustic windows have special glass for more excellent sealing of external and internal sound. There are two types of glass used in these pieces: laminated and insulated. Laminated glasses are manufactured with several layers of resin, which guarantees robust containment against sounds. On the other hand, insulated glass is made of two separate and thick blades, with air between them, which makes the equipment efficient in reducing noise and temperature as well. We are a family-owned and operated business.
- Acoustic foam: Acoustic foam is widely used in studio sound insulation. They are light sheets of foam in a smooth shape or resemble the egg cartons and absorb the internal sound, preventing sounds from coming out of the environment. Ideal for those who work with music and production of videos and audios.