Persian rugs are beautiful additions that add life, colour, and energy to a decore. However, regular usage can cause them to get filthy and soiled, even discoloured. Cleaning Persian floorings will keep them looking bright and bold, but there are a few errors to avoid while cleaning these rugs. Below, we’ll go through five of the most critical ones to avoid.
1. Not cleaning a spill as soon as possible
Putting off a spill or stain on your Persian rug until later is among the worst mistakes you can make. It’s important to remember that the longer you wait to clean up a spill, the more difficult it will be to remove the stain. Some spills, such as grape juice, coffee and wine can soak deep into the rug’s components and threads.
You will have little chance of entirely eradicating it on your own if you wait too long to clean. To avoid this mistake, you can blot the spill with clean cloth and call a Professional Persian Rug Cleaning Sunshine Coast to make your flooring spotless like before.
2. Using the incorrect cleaning products or tools
Some rug cleaning equipment, such as steam cleaners, employ detergents designed to remove dirt and stains without hurting the rug’s fibres. This isn’t the case with every detergent. Certain detergents might be so harsh and powerful that they can permanently destroy the fibres of the rug. When cleaning your rug on your own, be careful to test each solution. Also, try out any tools you’re using to ensure they’re in good working condition.
3. Washing Persian Rug in Washing Machine
To maintain the authenticity of the Persian rugs, to keep them clean and in good condition, they must be cleaned and washed. Attempting to launder a fine Persian rug in your washing machine, on the other hand, will result in irreversible damage. These are handcrafted pieces that are fairly fragile. While they may endure for decades if properly cared for, inappropriate care, such as rigorous washing, can drastically shorten their lifespan.
4. Using bleach-based Cleansers
A spill on a Persian rug may appear to be a disaster. You may want to take care of that spill with a quick cleaning. However, using regular home cleaning spray on a delicate Persian rug is one of the dangerous things you can do. Bleach is often used in household cleaners, which will discolour any fabric and can harm the fibres. Even cleansers that aren’t based on bleach might be harmful. That’s why it’s advisable to hire Persian Rug Cleaning Services Sunshine Coast and avoid such mistakes.
5. Ignoring the Need for Professional Persian Rug Cleaning and Repair
Professional Persian rug cleaning is essential for keeping the colour, pattern, and surface texture of your rug, ensuring that it looks as bright as the day it was created. The odour-lifting soaks professionals use are unlike anything you’ll find in an ordinary rug cleaning machine, and they’re crucial for removing typical imperfections like pet stains and liquid or food spills.
The use of professional rug cleaning equipment is one of the key benefits you will receive if you hire a Persian rug cleaning expert. Professional rug cleaners have all of the necessary tools to clean your rug perfectly, as opposed to cleaning at home with haphazard equipment such as brushes and vacuum cleaners, which are ineffective in removing stubborn dust. They select the most appropriate equipment based on the fabric of your rug to ensure that even the most persistent dust is removed, leaving your rug gleaming clean.
Hiring an to keep your flooring hygienic and clean. So, book an expert for cleaning your rug at least once a year.
Avoid These Persian Rug Cleaning Blunders
- Sweeping your Persian flooring might harm the fibres.
- Vacuuming too often might loosen and destroy fibres. Depending on the size of your rug, aim for 1-2 times a week in a high-pile setting.
- Spot cleaning your flooring with chemicals is not a good idea. Instead, blot spills as quickly as possible with a white towel and get the stain cleaned by professional rug cleaners.
- Do your research and select a facility that specialises in professional Persian rug cleaning in Sunshine Coast, instead of taking your Persian flooring to the local dry cleaner.
How to Prevent Damage to Persian Rugs
Keeping your rug dry and clean is the best method to maintain it in good shape.
- Regular vacuuming, a few hours of sun every now and then, and hiring the best rug cleaners will keep moth larvae at bay.
- Have your rugs professionally cleaned before storing them, and preserve them in a locked cabinet. Get a sealable bag and instructions on how to keep it safe for the length of storage from your carpet cleaner.
- Moisture is the most common cause of rug damage, so keep your rug clean and dry at all times.
- Avoid rug compression damage by using furniture casings for the table and chair legs.
- Place thick, rubber padding beneath loose floorings to keep them from sliding and to take the weight of the furniture.
Ensure a proper method to clean your rug and avoid such mistakes. The best way to do this is to hire top-rated Professional Persian Rug Cleaning Sunshine Coast. Connect with a rug cleaning specialist and make sure your rug is in safe hands.